Burning & Safety Tips
- Always place candles on non-combustible, heat resistance surface.
- Keep burning candles away from flammable objects and keep any debris, such as match parts or trimmed wick, out of the candle.
- Avoid drafts and high traffic zones, a draft will cause the flame to flicker which produces soot and a dripping candle.
- Keep wick trimmed to ¼ inch above the wax surface, trim the wick if smoking occurs. Extinguish the flame before trimming the wick
- Burn wider diameter candles for longer periods of time, usually the one hour per inch in diameter rule applies.
- For pillars, plan on burning 3-4 hours on initial lighting and a minimum of 2-3 hours each subsequent use to ensure a clean and efficient burn.
- When relighting a partially burned taper candle, never straighten the wick. It should remain curved to burn properly.
- Extinguish candles by carefully dipping the wick into the liquid wax with an instrument that will not catch fire. Once the flame is extinguished straighten and center the wick.
- Never allow candles to freeze, it will crack them.
- Avoid direct sunlight or prolonged exposure to strong lighting and ultraviolet light as it will fade the color of the candle.
- Keep candles away from children and pets.
These tips and guidelines are not meant to be an all inclusive list, please use common sense when burning any candle. NEVER leave a burning candle unattended!